- Currently, Mt Xia has no diskless clients booting from the NIM Server.
Boot from SAN
- The desired configuration is for all Unix servers to boot from SAN disk
- Unix Servers shall not contain any internal disk
- NIM installation of operating system is performed to SAN attached disk, virtual SAN disk, or logical volume presented as a virtual SAN disk
- Requires each Unix server to have multiple HBA's for redundant access to SAN disk
- HBA's may be real or virtual
- Requires coordination and cooperation between Unix and Storage groups