Types of NIM OS Installs
- Same as a single disk or most basic of installs to get an operating system on a server instance that will boot.
- This is the fastest install.
- This is a full and customizable installation of a selected AIX OS level that can include patches and/or specific software.
- This is generally the slowest of installs
- This is instituted in one of two ways:
- Clone Install of a system
- Bare Metal Restore of a systems root volume group.
- Takes an exact image of one system and keeps all file-sets intact while installing any hardware specific requirements to a new host.