Service Level Agreements
Definition of Terms (continued)
- Business function recovery between geographically separated data
centers using a storage replication system between the data
- The output of disaster recovery planning is a disaster recovery
- The goal is to minimize downtime for business functions, not
- Business function recovery times and maximum allowable data loss
is specified during the business impact analysis.
- Business function fail over between two or more physical frames within the same data center using a single shared storage location.
- Elimination of single points of failure (SPOF's) are a necessary part of HA.
- The goal is to minimize downtime for business functions, not computer systems.
- This is NOT non-stop computing, downtime will be experienced during fail over.
For assistance with designing, writing, implementing, and supporting
your Service Level Agreements (SLA), please contact