Business Impact Analysis Outline
IT Perspective of BIA
From an IT perspective
- Driven by the business perspective of must-have applications
- What are the dependencies of the application?
- What other applications are required for it to function?
- What infrastructure (hardware, software, networking, etc.) does it require?
- How soon must it be available and what is the acceptable restart position?
- What volumes, timings, and user population are required in disaster mode?
- Is there a backup regime appropriate to these needs?
- Does the application support a staged/phased recover, or is it all or nothing?
- How will we protect it during DR mode operation?
Identifies supporting infrastructure of the critical business applications
For assistance with conducting your business impact
analysis, please contact